HobbyCon 2010 Official Poster
My preparations weren't at all that difficult, I just had to be extremely resourceful and crafty (fairy dust would be real handy at this point). The longest I've worked on had to be my brother's Miroku staff and the Tetsaiga. These two were definitely giving me a hard time. The staff actually completed months ago but then my hamster decided it was food and chewed on it. I was horrified partly because I worked long and hard on making it the first out of the many props I had to get done, and also because I was worried that that little rodent would get sick from eating craft foam and paint. Anyhow, I forgave Rose (my hamster) since I realized I'm also to blame (sort of) for placing it next to Rose's cage. Then again, the remake looks far better than version one, so I guess I have Rose to thank that for. (I'll post a picture of it soon.)
The Tetsaiga is by far the largest prop I've ever attempted (and I plan to keep it at that). That baby is approximately 4 feet in length (I haven't figured out the weight yet because I'm not quite done with it). I built the sword based on a tutorial on Cosplay.com but since most of the materials weren't available where I'm from, I got crafty. I made the Tetsaiga blade out of polystyrene board, Jonni's ultimate paper mache clay and Putty Filla (sort of like joint compound). I've just completed sanding and smoothing the whole thing today so tomorrow I can start applying the base coat before painting it. (I'll post a picture once I'm done.)
While I'm on a roll, I'd like to take the opportunity to thank a few people who were involved while I was working on Tetsaiga.
To my BF:
Thank you for supplying the materials I was lacking to complete my projects, big and small; for being there through it all, although sometimes it seemed like you were ditching me when I needed you most, but I know it was your way to let me cool off and think matters through. I have been temperamental and said things that would have hurt you but you're always so patient and kind and that's one of the many traits I admire about you.
To my BFFs:
Thank you guys for all your brotherly/sisterly support, for your valuable ideas, wonderful advices and for being alongside all my struggles. You have all been a blessing to me. I wouldn't trade any of you for anything else.
To the two biggest hypocrites:
Both of you have the worst personalities possible and it's difficult to regard either of you as faithful friends. But thanks to you, I know I want to be a better person. As Alfred Sheinwold once quoted, "Learn all you can from the mistakes of others. You won't have time to make them all yourself."
To the Prop Master:
I'm truly grateful for your offer to make me a new sword but I'm not one to depend on others - unless when I'm desperate enough (pun intended). You're a really awesome and kind person and somewhat straightforward. I'm blessed to be your acquaintance.
Happy thoughts anyone? (I've no idea why I've just said that.)
So to conclude today's tale, I'll leave you with a preview of something else I've been working on for this year's cosplay.
Till the next time, have a happy ever after from me.




2 comments:
gud times^^ really miss you & maya when reading this..TwT
Yeah it was awesome. We should get together some day not just during a con :)
Post a Comment